Adding Unity to OnlyShowIn allowed values

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Mon Feb 21 14:08:37 PST 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 10:31 PM, Pierre Wieser <pwieser at trychlos.org> wrote:
> Well, I used to believe that autotools were rather useful at compile
> time. What I am searching for here is a runtime check, and I thought
> this was the meaning of the Desktop Entry keys OnlyShowIn, NotShowIn ?
>
> I cannot suppose that having compiled my application under, say, Gnome,
> it will actually be executed under the same desktop. Or should I ?

Matthias meant to say that autotools don't check for a defined
"environment" (like "Foobuntu 10.4 32-bit"), instead it checks for
various features it uses. This is not a suggestion to use autotools
but rather a suggestion that if you for example wanted to talk to the
session manager, check which of the known session managers is on DBus
rather than checking if the desktop is running KDE4 or GNOME3.

--
Patryk Zawadzki
I solve problems.