app id in desktop file

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at
Wed May 11 01:57:20 PDT 2011

On Tue, 10 May 2011 at 11:25:34 -0700, Dylan McCall wrote:
> Right now my impression is we have a
> _convention_ where a namespace should be based on an Internet domain
> name the software's creator is in control of.

I've opened a bug for the D-Bus Specification (which does say you should
use a reversed domain name, but it's too well-hidden at the moment) and
will sort out a patch later:

Nitpicking: for anything on D-Bus you mean "the designer of the D-Bus API",
not "the software's creator", although those two are frequently the same