update-desktop-database and nested desktop files

Vincent Untz vuntz at gnome.org
Sat Aug 18 00:28:37 PDT 2012

Le vendredi 17 août 2012, à 23:55 +0100, Jerome Leclanche a écrit :
> Thanks!
>
> After a quick talk on IRC, it seems the spec doesn't define which of the
> following has priority:
> wine/example.desktop or
> wine-example.desktop
>
> Instinctively I'm going to let it check wine-example.desktop first, but
> undefined behaviour is not good especially here, would be good to figure
> this one out.

That's a good point. I think it's fair to say that wine-example.desktop
would be the one used by default in that case.

Do you want to cook a patch? The spec is in git at
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xdg/xdg-specs/tree/menu/menu-spec.xml

(Note that the spec mentions that people should use vendor prefixes or
directories to avoid such clashes, but of course, it's still possible to
end up with the issue)

Cheers,

Vincent

--