Trash spec: directory size cache

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Apr 15 03:31:45 PDT 2013

On Monday 15 April 2013 10:17:14 Jerome Leclanche wrote:
> Do the keys accept %? uri-encoding them would be the obvious solution here.

Yes, it would have been, but this isn't a supported character...
see last section of http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/ar01s02.html

IMHO we could also add more allowed characters to the spec, but experience tells me
that trying to get stuff into the desktop entry spec is pretty hard. Maybe at the next freedesktop
meeting, when we have more people involved with that...

(KDE supports any character in there, and uses '\' for escaping, and even supports \x2d escaping).