DBus Communication Issue

Efremov, Igor Igor.Efremov at harman.com
Mon Aug 19 14:55:49 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a project that requires communication via DBus between a board running Raspbian (a slimmed down version of Debian) and a board running QNX.  I'm able to successfully use dbus-monitor on the board with Raspbian to monitor the DBus on the QNX board, but the same is not true when I try to use dbus-monitor on the QNX board to monitor the Raspbian DBus (I get a "Failed to connect to socket.... Connection refused" error).  Both boards are running DBus version 1.3.0.  I've already modified the session.conf file on the Raspbian board to allow remote access, and I've modified the iptables on the Raspbian board to allow all incoming/forwarding/outgoing connections.  Another note: although dbus-monitor is able to connect and monitor the QNX board from the Raspbian board, I am not able to use dbus-send on the Raspbian board to send a method_call to the QNX board.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this issue?

Thanks in advance.