application menu with full support for the additional categories

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at vtxnet.ch
Mon Dec 16 03:55:20 PST 2013

Hi,

I begun to make a xdg application menu with full support for the
additional FreeDesktop categories for fvwm. It will be usable with any
desktop/wm that support the xdg menu.

https://github.com/domichel/fvwm-xdg-menu

Before I continue, I want to be sure I am not making duplicated
efforts. I googled, but didn't find any xdg applications menu with full
support for the additional categories. Are you aware of such an
existing menu?

Also, I am looking for translated category files (the files
into /usr/share/desktop-directories/). I was able to find such files
for the main categories, but google return almost nothing for the
additional categories files. Are you aware of the existence of such
translated files?

Last, it can be hacks for desktops like gnome, kde, and so on, as well
than for some distributions. For now, I simply let xdg do its job,
don't have much time and have other priorities as well. What do you
think would be best to do with these hacks when my menu will be done
with all the additional categories?

Best,
Dominique