icon theme spec wiki overrun by spam

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Tue Dec 17 02:41:52 PST 2013

I just made a new release of the hicolor icon theme, but when i wanted
to put up the release this didn't quite seem possible.

The old page: http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/icon-theme/
Points to: http://icon-theme.freedesktop.org/wiki/HicolorTheme
Which doesn't exist anymore, but there is spam on the Front Page and in
a bunch of other pages. It seems from the wiki recent changes like
someone deleted a bunch of spam pages, but obviously not everything was
cleaned up, and I can't find any non-spam pages. Also, I can't log in
with my (i think correct) account. Who did the recent cleanup?

I put the release (0.13)
in /srv/icon-theme.freedesktop.org/www/releases/ on gabe, but it doesn't
show up at http://icon-theme.freedesktop.org/releases/. How is that
synced?

For now I put the release here if anyone wants it:
https://people.gnome.org/~alexl/hicolor/hicolor-icon-theme-0.13.tar.gz