about <match> value -- file /usr/share/mime/packages/freedesktop.org.xml

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Feb 7 13:04:13 PST 2013

On Friday 18 January 2013 18:51:19 westlake wrote:
>   ^ I tested it.. thumbnails off. A long list of files.. I then add just
> "one" problematic .msi file and it nearly stalls the listing completely
> (2+ minute delay) -- just because of ONE file.

I can see that foo.msu would trigger content matching (unknown extension),
but foo.msi should be fast, because there's only one mimetype associated with
that extension, the application/x-msi mimetype.

Maybe you have more mimetype definitions than the freedesktop.org.xml one.
Can you look into your /usr/share/mime/packages/ to see how many files mention
    <glob pattern="*.msi"/>
?

Check also ~/.local/share/mime/packages, just in case.