Is gnome or nautilus fully compliant to freedesktop spec?

jupiter jupiter.hce at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 03:48:43 PST 2013

> Can you give more details on the issues you hit?

I was not able to list the application menu on desktop menu in gnome,
but works on KDE and xfce.

The current issue is that adding an environment variable such as $HOME
in desktop entry file as following example works with KDE file manager
and Thunar when to click a desktop launcher (copy an application menu
icon to the desktop), but does not work with nautilus, the error was
"Failed to change directory $HOME (No such file or directory)"

Path=$HOME

Thank you.

Kind regards.