Conflicting mime types

Jerome Leclanche adys.wh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 04:46:29 PST 2013

To go back on your original question which is more in line with "what to do
when we get two conflicting globs?":

I think resulting behaviour should be the same as what you would do when
getting two conflicting, same-priority magics. The spec doesn't seem to
advocate a behaviour in this case[1]. In general, if there are conflicts,
they should be solved using the priority attribute at the package level.

It would be a good idea to specify a behaviour when getting such conflicts.

[1]
http://standards.freedesktop.org/shared-mime-info-spec/shared-mime-info-spec-latest.html#id2710814

J. Leclanche