[udisks] Can't automount disks

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 06:11:28 PST 2013

2013/3/5 Gilles <codecomplete at free.fr>:
> At 14:58 05/03/2013, you wrote:
>
> I don't know what they are. Is autofs some Linux application while session
> automounting provided by KDE?

Automounting is the process of automatically mounting when accessed,
and only then. Very common is also the unmounting when not used for
some period (timeout). In linux there is a daemon autofs which is
taking care for this.

Automatic mounting (when a session starts) is just what is says, and
is something else.

>> I know that udev and udisks have changed a lot lately (especially udev).
>> In my case I had also errors when I upgraded systemd (and thus also udev)
>> and I had to upgrade udisks also. II'm also using KDE, and Solid did not
>> find any devices. After upgrading udisks the problem was solved.
>

> Good to know. I'll check if I can upgrade udisks and see how it goes.

Please let us/me know it solves your problem,

Stef Bon
the Netherlands