[udisks] Can't automount disks

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Tue Mar 12 08:10:14 PDT 2013

On 12/03/13 13:41, Gilles wrote:
> Slax uses its own package system [...]
> Currently, it doesn't mount all available partitions, and users
> shouldn't have to learn how to open a terminal, and play with
> fdisk/mount.

If your chosen distribution requires you do things you "shouldn't have
to learn how" to do, may I suggest either opening feature/support
requests with that distribution (if it's one where you can do that), or
using a distribution that has everything set up "out of the box"?

Popular choices include Debian, Fedora, OpenSUSE or Ubuntu, with any of
the GNOME, KDE, XFCE, LXDE or Unity desktops.

Any advice given in this thread is essentially going to boil down to
"Look at what $POPULAR_DISTRIBUTION does, and do that".