No subject

jupiter jupiter.hce at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 03:20:30 PDT 2013

Hi,

We are integrating our applications to menu desktop for virtual
machines possibly use of Grome or XFCE.

I've looked at the document in
http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec-latest.html,
appreciate if anyone can help to answer following questions:

(1) How can we control displaying applications on menu based on group?

We'd like to display different applications on menu for different
groups, for example, group1 may see app11, app12, app13...on menu and
group2 may see application21, app22, app23, ... on menu.

The document has a "Group headers" in the format [groupname], can this
be used for group access control? If so, could anyone point me or give
an example of what is the key and value and what is the format?

(2) How can we control displaying applications on menu based on individual user?

Is it possible to set up menu entry to display certain applications on
menu for certain users? UserA may be able to see app1, app2, userB may
only be see app3?

Which key may can be used for controlling the users access? OnlyShowIn
and NotShowIn? Or TryExec? Or Action?

Thank you.

Kind regards.