Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Mar 21 08:13:52 PDT 2013

On quinta-feira, 21 de março de 2013 21.20.30, jupiter wrote:
> (1) How can we control displaying applications on menu based on group?

> (2) How can we control displaying applications on menu based on individual
> user?

The specification has no access control for users or groups. If you want
settings to apply to specific users or specific groups, make them see those files
and make other users not see those files.

For users, that's easy: just put the files necessary under that user's home
directory. For applying to a group, either apply to all users in the group, or
add another directory found by the XDG base specification containing those files
and make it apply to that group.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358