mime apps specification

Jerome Leclanche adys.wh at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 01:00:12 PDT 2014

Once we get sandboxed applications (which afaict are still in the
works), apps will no longer be able to touch ~/.local and will only
see their own ~/.config. So it makes sense to let them control mime
associations through a dbus call instead of having them do their own
work.

I have a feeling this is something else that will have to be
standardized down the line as we would want apps to only have a single
dbus interface for this. I'm just speculating though; I'll have a look
at implementing something like this in LXQt once I'm back home.

Cheers
J. Leclanche