mime apps specification

Vladimir Kudrya vladimir-csp at yandex.ru
Sun Apr 13 14:28:38 PDT 2014

On 14.04.2014 00:50, Jerome Leclanche wrote:
> You add it in [Added Applications] (or [Default Applications] if you
> need it as default), lower downstream.
> When the spec says "read from most local to most global", it does
> imply you should pick up the results in the order they were read.
>
> You seem very intent on the spec not working the way you want, when it
> does exactly what you're asking it to. I'm sure it could use wording
> improvements but downstream (more-local) does override.

Maybe example would clarify things? The spec would need an example anyway.

Here is the list of items from local to global:

local desktop-specific list:
	[Default Applications]
	foo/bar=app2.desktop
	[Added Associations]
	foo/bar=app3.desktop
	[Removed Associations]
	foo/bar=app4.desktop

local list:
	[Removed Associations]
	foo/bar=app3.desktop

local applications:
	app5.desktop

global desktop-specific list:
	[Default Applications]
	foo/bar=app3.desktop
	[Added Associations]
	foo/bar=app4.desktop

global list:
	[Default Applications]
	foo/bar=app1.desktop

global applications:
	app1.desktop;app2.desktop;app3.desktop

Please describe iterations as they go by the spec.

Will the result be app2.desktop;app3.desktop;app1.desktop;app5.desktop
with default app2.desktop?