[CREATE] [Mypaint-discuss] Resolution information in ORA

Andrew Chadwick a.t.chadwick at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 09:05:57 PST 2014

On 19 February 2014 14:56, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> 72 of 75? Michael proposed 72, and that seems the default for Krita as well.

Ah yes. 72, my mistake. That's the ubiquitous default, and there are
presumably reasons for its ubiquity.

The base format needs no resolution information, since it works in
pixels only. However beyond the baseline spec the format is designed
to be capable of embedding other media and displaying it in a pixel
grid, and those media might only be specified in e.g. points. So
answering my earlier question, yes we do need it.

Let's say that xres and yres default to 72 pixels per inch when read
from an ORA which doesn't specify them, and that they represent the
mapping from ORA pixels to the elements of the intended display
device.

I'll fix up the spec later today unless there are any objections to my
interpretation?

--
Andrew Chadwick