send notifications to all users

Thomas Koch thomas at koch.ro
Sun Feb 22 05:52:43 PST 2015

On Saturday, February 21, 2015 06:26:57 PM Guido Berhoerster wrote:
> How about wall(1)? It's simple, works cross platform and is the
> only mechanism that notifies all users[*] regardless of whether
> they are logged in via SSH, on a virtual console, a terminal
> emulator, or in a X session through a desktop notification via
> kwrited (by default in KDE) or xwrited in any other DE that has a
> XDG notification daemon.

Hi Guido,

thank you! Of course I found wall when googling, but I didn't find a solution
to display wall messages to a Desktop user. Your xwrited seems to be a good
solution.

I tried to clone it with hg clone, hg clone --insecure and git clone hg:: but
neither worked with the url https://hg.guido-berhoerster.org/projects/xwrited,
also with just http.

And the download link to the last version doesn't work on https://code.guido-berhoerster.org/projects/xwrited/#downloads.

Maybe you'd like to switch to git instead of mercurial? :-)

Do you know whether anybody already started a package for Debian?

Regards, Thomas Koch