Accessing freedesktop.org via HTTPS

Devon Stewart blast at hardchee.se
Sun Jan 11 15:19:50 PST 2015

Hello all!

I just experienced something strange. I use https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere <https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere>; By default, freedesktop.org is not listed as a site that should have requests rewritten to the https variant, apparently due to the fact that it is broken.

When attempting to access https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/machine-id.html, I get a 404 (with broken image URLs). Accessing http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/machine-id.html works fine, however.

Is this something that should be fixed? It strikes me as being broken, but that might just be me.

Thanks,
-Devon