xdg & screensavers

Florian Müllner fmuellner at gnome.org
Tue Nov 3 15:06:27 PST 2015

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 11:53 PM, Norman Goldstein <normvcr at telus.net> wrote:
> It seems, then, that XDG is able to suspend the gnome screen saver/locker,
> but gnome does not expose this ability in gnome's public interface.

I'm not sure what you mean by "public interface", but xdg-screensaver
calls a DBus method on org.freedesktop.ScreenSaver that GNOME
implements. Though I'm not sure why you want to use some script/method
instead of turning off Settings->Privacy->Screen Lock->Automatic
Screen Lock ...
(Also if you do want to use a script, "gnome-session-inhibit
--inhibit-only" allows you to inhibit the screen saver without
specifying a command/window ID)