Spec to define the default terminal?

Vladimir Kudrya vladimir-csp at yandex.ru
Tue Oct 20 05:57:31 PDT 2015

x-terminal-emulator is used in Debian as a part of 'alternatives'
symlink system. And IMHO it works pretty well.

Option 3 looks more promising though, because it can solve the problem
of different exec arguments for different terminals and can be
overridden on user-level.  But yes, mime type is not a correct mechanism
in this case. Some changes to desktop entry spec may be needed.

Dependencies on DE-specific tools are bad.