Spec to define the default terminal?

Thomas Gläßle t_glaessle at gmx.de
Tue Oct 20 06:44:32 PDT 2015

Jerome Leclanche wrote on 10/20/2015 01:21 PM:
> This is something I tried solving quite a few times. There was an
> intents spec (a la android) in the works

I assume you are referring tot (sorry, I didn't do my homework earlier):

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2014-January/013068.html

I didn't have time to read the whole thread so far, I'll have to go
through it in more depth tonight.

> which was subsequently picked
> up by GNOME, I don't know where it's at now but it's the more correct
> fix.

All I was able to find In terms of actual implementation for gnome was a
section in the glib sources using a hardcoded list of terminals:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/glib/tree/gio/gdesktopappinfo.c#n2434

(but I admit, I didn't look too long, so I'm not entirely sure that's
the code being used for gvfs-open)