looking for help creating a mime type

Jerome Leclanche jerome at leclan.ch
Mon Apr 11 05:56:14 UTC 2016

Your first step will be figuring out if there is any existing media
type for this type of file.

Looking at http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/formats/fdd/fdd000103.shtml#sign
I see audio/audible
audio/x-pn-audibleaudio, the latter which looks like it could be used in xdg.

After that you'll want to file a bug on the freedesktop bugzilla
(https://bugs.freedesktop.org/), and provide a patch if possible.
There's other mime type requests on that bugzilla you can take example
on.
J. Leclanche