looking for help creating a mime type

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 06:09:35 UTC 2016

hi
Thank you very much for that link. I now have some of the bits I need to
create a fully functioning mime type. The one thing I'm missing is a way
of uniquely identifying audible audio files without relying on the file
extension. If I can't find this, creating a mime type will be pretty
easy, but I'd prefer to  be able to uniquely identify the file type if
possible. It's amusing. The audible website swears that you can't
convert their files into other formats, and yet I did so via ffmpeg.
What else should I do? I can't seem to find an accessible hex editor, so
if anyone is willing to help me out there by getting some form of magic
info, integer, string, etc that I can use to single out the audible
format I'd really appreciate it. Don't worry, I'm not asking anyone to
do all the work for me, I'm still going to file the bug and make sure
everything complies with the mime spec.
Thanks
Kendell Clark