audible and enhanced audible mime types

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 05:36:33 UTC 2016

hi all
I'm writing in to ask if anyone is still interested in my mime types for
audible formats 1, 2, 3, 4, and enhanced audible files? I'm still
working on them, and I've got a test audible file. What I don't have is
magic that can uniquely identify one. I have the magic string from the
ffmpeg source which identifies one but I'm not sure what to do with it.
This is a pet project of mine since I'm a co developer of the sonar gnu
linux distribution for the disabled, and some of our users read books
from audible and I'd like linux to identify them correctly instead of
reporting "unknown" in the gui and "data" when file is run against them.
Is anyone still interested? If not I'll stop asking, was just curious. I
haven't heard anything in a while.
Thanks
Kendell Clark