xdg-utils does not implement the standard for default applications

Maxwell Anselm silverhammermba at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 23:08:25 UTC 2016

I appreciate the sentiment, but frankly this isn't about improving file.
Even if file could identify every file in existence correctly, a user could
still provide a MIME type override on their system and get nonstandard,
surprising behavior from xdg-mime when it ignores the MIME info databases
and just calls file.

Can an actual xdg-utils maintainer way in on this?