xdg Digest, Vol 157, Issue 3

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Apr 14 22:18:07 UTC 2017

El divendres, 14 d’abril de 2017, a les 11:27:37 CEST, Daniel Stone va
escriure:
> Hi Albert,
>
> On 13 April 2017 at 19:39, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > El dimecres, 12 d’abril de 2017, a les 17:49:56 CEST, Daniel Stone va
> >
> > escriure:
> >> On 12 April 2017 at 09:05, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> >> We did discuss this with a number of people, but with over 100 quite
> >> diffuse projects (some active, some stagnant, some abandoned, some
> >> unclear), and running fd.o not being a paid activity (or even the
> >> primary project we work on) for any of us, we weren't able to reach
> >> everyone.
> >
> > Why did you not use this list?
> >
> > The frontpage of freedesktop.org says
> >
> > "Contacting freedesktop: If you have any comments or questions about this
> > site or its infrastructures, please send a message to the xdg list "
> >
> > So it seems that this would have been the obvious place to discuss the
> > application of a Code of Conduct and making it easy for eveyone involved
> > in
> > freedesktop to learn about it from the source instead of from the news.
>
> The wiki also says that the sole purpose of fd.o is for X Window
> System desktops, and that source code is often maintained in CVS and
> Subversion. :\ It could use some work.
>
> Once upon a time that was true, but these days xdg@ sticks to the
> actual XDG standards. It's a very bad way to reach quite a lot of our
> member projects.

Ok, could i suggest that maybe you need a list so you don't need to chase
projects one for one when you intend to introduce such drastic changes in the
future again?

Because the only thing you're doing is offering excuses, which i'm not
interested in, i'm interested in solutions.

Albert