xdg Digest, Vol 157, Issue 3

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Apr 25 06:54:22 UTC 2017

Hi Albert,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 at 11:18 pm, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> El divendres, 14 d’abril de 2017, a les 11:27:37 CEST, Daniel Stone va
> escriure:
> > The wiki also says that the sole purpose of fd.o is for X Window
> > System desktops, and that source code is often maintained in CVS and
> > Subversion. :\ It could use some work.
> >
> > Once upon a time that was true, but these days xdg@ sticks to the
> > actual XDG standards. It's a very bad way to reach quite a lot of our
> > member projects.
>
> Ok, could i suggest that maybe you need a list so you don't need to chase
> projects one for one when you intend to introduce such drastic changes in
> the
> future again?
>
> Because the only thing you're doing is offering excuses, which i'm not
> interested in, i'm interested in solutions.

I'm every bit as uninterested as you are in you are in assigning blame. I
think a separate list for project-wide issues is a very good idea, and I'll
set one up as part of contacting all the projects and finding concrete
points of contact / community responsibility. Unfortunately this has been
somewhat delayed by travel, but we're getting there.

Cheers,
Daniel