user languages

Simon Lees sflees at suse.de
Mon Aug 21 00:37:28 UTC 2017

On 19/08/17 10:25, Mubarak AlQahtani wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> One of the user's aspects is languages that he speak (or at least
> understand), so is it mandatory for the operating system (i.e Desktop
> environment softwares) to know the preferred languages ( defaults )?!!
>

> As a programmer I prefer if the DE has some defaults info for each user.
> not sure under what category it should be but its user's info.
>

> Thanks
>

> Mubarak AlQahtani

This can still be handled via the general locale handling so all a DE
should have to do is query locale, see
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/locale#Overriding_system_locale_per_user_session

--

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                           Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30