Definition of the current icon theme

Markus Raab elektra at markus-raab.org
Sun Jan 29 21:22:59 UTC 2017

Hi,

29. January 2017, 00:57:54 Роман Чистоходов wrote:
> Icon Theme Specification mentions "current theme", but does not elaborate
> on what it is and how it can be detected, [...]
> It seems like detection of the current icon theme is DE-dependent right
> now. [...] Applications may read file and watch it for
> changes (using platform-dependent API).
> Until this is not implemented by desktop environments, sensible fallback
> may be specified for each popular DE.

Elektra implements DE detection in https://www.libelektra.org/plugins/desktop
and we gladly accept desktop icons detection. It would give the desired
features (e.g. notification via https://www.libelektra.org/plugins/dbus) and
the plugin could implement fallbacks in the case nobody writes into the KDB.

Btw. why didn't you suggest dbus?

best regards,

--
Markus Raab            https://www.libelektra.org
Technische Universität Wien       elektra at markus-raab.org
Institut für Computersprachen           Phone: (+431) 58801/185185
Argentinierstr. 8, 1040 Wien, Austria     FAX: (+431) 58801/18598

DVR 0005886