Thumbnails: add HiDpi folders

Méven meven29 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 05:24:47 UTC 2020

> Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 10:23:16 -0600
> From: Nate Graham <nate at kde.org>
> To: xdg at lists.freedesktop.org
> Subject: Re: Thumbnails: add HiDpi folders
>
> I like the idea. How would fractional scaling be handled though? If I'm
> using a 1.25x scale (as I am right now), would it generate an @2x
> thumbnail, store that, and scale it down for display? Or would it
> generate an @1.25x scale thumbnail?

Scale would be rounded up , that means 1.25 => 2, 3.25 => 4.
Under X, the application will have to down scale while painting the
thumbnails.
Under Wayland, with fractional scaling, application paint at the scale ceil
up,(1.25=> 2) and the fact that the scale factor is not an integer is non
of their concern, the compositor downscales on the GPU the application then.

--
Méven