A few questions about escaping in desktop files

Elsie Hupp xdg at elsiehupp.com
Wed Aug 24 20:24:24 UTC 2022

> It is considered valid and the right interpretation what GNOME and KDE both do.

As an aside, if the two main reference implementations resolve a number of ambiguities in the specification, might updating the specification to reflect these two reference implementations be a good way of eliminating said ambiguities?

(I’m not remotely near familiar enough with any of the material to have any specific suggestions, though.)