[Xesam] Outstanding Ontology issues before RC2

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 22:40:51 PST 2007

On 16/12/2007, Marko Anastasov <marko.anastasov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 16, 2007 11:38 PM, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen
> <mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > There are a few things needing to be done before we can wrap the
> > ontology for RC2.
> >
> > Here is my list of items, but if anybody has anything else they think
> > we've forgot or should take a look at ASAP, then do chime in.
> >
> > 1) Add a Note content type
>
> I think notes are a must-have. Would that obsolete the userComment field?

The userComment field is for a user comment on an item. The Note I am
talking about is a first class object - ie a mapping of the Note
objects found in typical post-it-like note-taking apps such as Gnome's
Tomboy or KNote (I assume there is a KDE app called KNote! :-D)

> How about having a field which would be an equivalent to a star in Google's
> web apps, a boolean kind of a tag, indicating that something is of special
> (usually temporary) importance?

This can be implemented in numerous ways in the current ontology
already I think. Either just as a special tag or via userRating. Maybe
it is not totally "clean" like this, but I think it could work in
practice.

Cheers,
Mikkel