[Xesam] People: a desktop contact management framework

Evgeny Egorochkin phreedom.stdin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 06:23:11 PDT 2008

В сообщении от Friday 28 March 2008 15:11:24 Johann Prieur написал(а):
> We at the People project [1] are working on a contact management
> framework to provide an unified way to access contact data for desktop
> applications. As I understand it, and at some point, it would be
> possible to build a XESAM server on top of our stack. Am I wrong on
> this? I'm really interested in knowing your thoughts about that! A
> descriptive article on the scope of People is available on my blog

There's a very significant overlap between your project and Xesam. Xesam lets
you store, share and search contacts, messages, FOAF, could add support for
presense information if/when it's needed. What it needs is a way to
obtain/extract this information and this is where your library might be
handy.

-- Evgeny