[Xesam] DBus namespace for future 2.0 features

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Wed May 7 06:48:34 PDT 2008

2008/5/7 Philip Van Hoof <spam at pvanhoof.be>:

> Hi there,
>
> I think it would be useful to have a DBus namespace for future
> extensions to the Xesam spec, like indeed the paged GetHits.
>
> Is this something we can get specified in 1.0 already? It shouldn't
> influence existing services that don't utilise this.

What do we really need to namespace? I guess that it is just a new interface
added on the standard Xesam object and bus name? In this case I think it
would be wise to keep it in backend specific namespaces to start out with.
Then if people agree on something we can put it under a new interface in 1.*
(if that makes sense - if it break or conflict with existing functionality
it should be 2.0 material of course).

Cheers,
Mikkel