[Xesam] xesam website

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 11:15:47 PDT 2009

2009/4/30 Roberto Guido <bob4mail at gmail.com>:
> In a previous mail Ivan suggested a revision of the website, which is in fact
> a little confusing (and very little appealing ;-) ).
>
> Do you Ivan mind about a reorganization of contents or a completely new
> solution?

I think we should be cautious not to spend too much effort on a shiny
website. Xesam is about creating a standard and that's pretty much it.

In fact the only reason why we don't use the FDO infrastructure (we
used to do this) for everything was because of the big delays we
suffered trying to get through the FDO bureaucracy (and that they
ran(runs) a slow and old Moin wiki without the Docbook-export plugin).

> I don't like wikis, in which is too difficult to enforce any kind of layout to
> all people going to modify it an confusion tends to diverge

Can you point to any specific points where this is a problem on
xesam.org... I am not quite sure I understand what you mean.

> suggest exposing contents in some kind of CMS (and perhaps maintain a wiki
> for extra stuffs).
>
> Suggestions? Comments? I can provide support for this task.

A lot of what you describe can easily be tweaked in the current Moin
wiki if one just bothers to skin it and add a few plugins.

I would also like to keep everything as close to the FDO
infrastrukture as possible so that it will be easy to migrate back
should that ever become relevant.

Mikkel