[Xesam] Request for an overview

Sebastian Trüg strueg at mandriva.com
Fri Jul 24 04:32:22 PDT 2009

On Friday 24 July 2009 12:31:53 Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> Git was most popular whenever this was brought up at conference
> meetings.

I am fine with both. svn because I use it everyday, git because it seems kde
will move soon.

> > The only issue was that trac integrates only with subversion, so if we
> > move to git we'll loose
> > - changesets on the timeline (and the rss feed)
> > - ability to link to changesets from wiki and ticket comments
>
> Which aren't really features that are very important, to be honest.

ack

> I'm still not sure what the other people think about using trac. I know
> it has been quite unpopular whenever we brought this up at conference
> meetings.

I now actually think that trac is a good idea since it is way better suited
for long discussions on tickets than for example bugzilla is.

But in the end I just want the first release including the doc generation
tools. :P

Cheers,
Sebastian