[Xesam] Validator

Antoni Mylka antoni.mylka at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 07:39:32 PDT 2009

Ivan Frade pisze:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
>  (i couldn't check the wiki page but...)
>  We can have the java tools in the repository in case somebody is
> interested on it, but the main build (when you run "make distcheck"
> should use only C or python or something "mobile friendly".
>
>  Here we have two scenarios:
>
> 1) Release a tarball with the ontologies + HTML documentation so
> distributions can build packages from it, and tracker, strigi,
> kde-nepomuk depend on that package.
>     For this we should use python/C and autotools. We have already a
> "soft validator" in C, plus a basic HTML generation also in C.
>
> This is the point we discuss on GCDS, and agree on the svn layout, use
> autotools and write the HTML generation.

No problem as far as I'm concerned. Two questions though
- what was the agreed way to add examples/testcases to the 'ontologies'
folder.
- do you intend to generate header files / vocabulary constants /
whatever is the c equivalent to a class similar to
http://tinyurl.com/nxfe5c, or leave that up to application developers?

> 2) Ontology development. While we work in the ontology we can provide a
> patch for the ontology and use the validation tools to check everything
> looks fine. For this you can use Antoni validator, if you have java in
> your development envieronment and get advantage of the "hard validator".
>
>  I couldn't check the wiki page, but i guess antoni wrote down what is
> his validator checking so i can cross-check what is missing in the C
> version.

Is there something wrong with the trac wiki?

>  What is blocking me now to write a proper HTML generator is to decide
> what language to use. I can complete the C code, or rewrite the things
> in python (nicer HTML template engines, easier string handling...).
> Python looks nicer but i am not sure there is a turtle parser...

By all means I'm for python/ruby (actually ruby more, but python will
not be much of a problem either). All of them have redland bindings, and
raptor does claim to support turtle.

Antoni Mylka
antoni.mylka at gmail.com