[Xesam] An open-source project for desktop ontology maintenance

Roberto Guido bob4mail at gmail.com
Tue May 5 09:00:40 PDT 2009

On Tuesday 05 May 2009 17:15:08 Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> Nepomuk does not actually implement Xesam.

I hope it will :-)

> I don't see Xesam as the specification of all ontologies.

What is meaning in deploy a common API for search (or whatever to do on
metadata) if ontology isn't specified as well, and spread together?
What is meaning in provide all applications with same protocol and same
functions, if everyone pack in the channel what they want?
How can someone hope to achieve interoperability, if interoperability
specification describes only a portion of the communication system?

--
Roberto -MadBob- Guido
http://claimid.com/madbob