[xliff-tools] Hi and cvs trouble :-)

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Tue Feb 1 08:01:00 PST 2005

Asgeir Frimannsson wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Sorry about that. Forgot to copy a password file when initializing the
>repository. It's fixed now.

OK thanks, got it...

>The po2xliff tool in cvs does 'work' but it has not implemented all features
>yet, and does not fully conform to the XLIFF-PO guide. Also note that you
>need the cvs version of gettext to compile this project...

Right, got gettext from cvs and have compiled it.
And I can compile the latest snapshot from your source tree... Whee!
something to check out.
Then I tried to compile the latest CVS, but I need to generate configure
I tried using autoconf 2.59 (Fedora Core 3) but it wasn't happy:
configure.in:3: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONFIG_HEADER
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.in:4: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
configure.in:8: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL

Seems like the same version of autoconf you used to generate the
configure in the other tree, what could be the problem?

>Bytheway, have been following the pootle project you're working on with great
>interest :)

Thanks! It's good to be in touch between the projects. Any other
developers welcome :-)

Cheers
David