[xliff-tools] XLIFF files for testing tools

Rodolfo M. Raya rodolfo at heartsome.net
Wed Jul 27 05:33:59 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 09:18 +0100, Martin Wunderlich wrote:

Hi Martin,

> I was wondering, if there are any freely available XLIFF files that would be
> suitable for testing tools, which claim compliance. I seem to recall that
> there were some sample files on the Oasis site, but I can't locate them.
> What I am looking for are sample files that would be useful for testing
> tools' compliance on both a general, simple level and on a more complex
> level. Any idea where I could get such files (before I start creating them
> myself)? Thanks a lot for any hints!

I did some tests with the OASIS example files that Yves mentioned in his
reply and here are the results:

Tool
  Example 1
  Example 2
  Example 3
  Example 4
Heartsome
XLIFF Editor
5.0-8
      OK
      OK
      OK
      OK
Open Language
Tools RC 1.1
Can't open the
     file
Can't open the
     file
Can't open the
     file
Can't open the
     file
Transolution
      OK
      OK
      OK
      OK
Trados 7.0
Can't edit the
     file
      OK
      OK
Can't edit the
     file
SDLX
      OK
      OK
      OK
      OK

The examples are at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xliff/faq.php#Examples

SDLX is able to convert all XLIFF files to its own format (ITD). I did
not edit the ITD files after conversion.

Regards,
Rodolfo
--
Rodolfo M. Raya <rodolfo at heartsome.net>