[xliff-tools] Eviltrans - Open source transilation suite

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Fri Mar 18 08:32:32 PST 2005

Fredrik Corneliusson wrote:

> [snip]
>
>>If you're after python-based filters that can integrate nicely with your
>>editor, you might be interested in the GPL'ed PO filters from
>>http://translate.sourceforge.net/
>>(http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/translate/src/translate/convert/) They
>>have parsers and PO converters for lots of file formats, and these shouldn't
>>be to hard to modify to become XLIFF converters.
>>

>I've actually announced it on the translate maillist first but thanks anyway.
>

>>Let me know if you guys are interested in somewhat linking this project in
>>with the xliff-tools project. This project's goal is to overall implement
>>XLIFF support in open source localisation. I'll anyway add a link to this
>>project in the 'Resources' section in our wiki.
>>

>It would definitely be intresting to cooperate.

I'm really glad to see co-operation between the different projects,
hopefully we can have some kind of synergy building up.
Still would be nice to see a common IRC channel, planet-blog etc for the
different localization development projects (as opposed to actual
localization work) as I think Tim has suggested before...

>We have been considering a name change from the start but we did not
>want to be held up any longer for our lack of imagination (all the
>obvious ones are taken). We thought about Transolution, Locomotion
>etc. Please feel free to give your suggestions.

What about "The meaning of Liff"? :-)

David