[xliff-tools] Attributes "source-language" and "xml:lang"

Martin Wunderlich martin_wu at gmx.net
Mon Sep 19 08:41:46 PDT 2005

Dear all,

1) When it says "The optional xml:lang attribute is used to specify the language of the content of the document", does this mean it specifies the same language as "source-language" for the <file> elements?

2) If I have the attributes "source-language" and "target-language" set for a <file> element, would I still need to specify "xml:lang" for the sources and targets of the file's TU's?

If I understand the specs correctly, they don't enforce any mappings between these attributes. So, you could in theory have contradicting language settings, it seems.

Cheers,

Martin