Spurious bad X_ChangeProperty and MappingNotify

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Fri Apr 17 12:54:32 PDT 2009

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009, Pat Kane wrote:

> Sounds like a broken X server, your test program must be getting some
> other clents events.

I'm not sure about that. MappingNotify is supposed to be sent to every
client, so this is not wrong. What's strange, however, is that the server
thinks the client has done (invalid) ChangeProperty:s. Or, the problem is
that the MappingNotify:s are garbled.

> I'd like to take a look at the WireShark dump but
> I get this message:
>   2009-04-17 09:37:33 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

Sorry, fixed now.

> I did not realize that WireShark could take apart X11 packets, how does
> it compare to xscope?

I haven't tried xscope, but perhaps someone else have tried them both.
Wireshark in general is very nice. Unfortunately, MappingNotify seems to
be one of the few events that are not decoded.

Best regards,
---
Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer
Cendio AB		http://www.cendio.com