Merged proto package

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Tue Apr 13 10:18:36 PDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 8:01 AM, Alan Coopersmith
<alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> wrote:
> If the server was moved to xcb protocol definitions (like we'd all like to see
> so we can stop having every extension have it's own handwritten protocol
> marshalling with the same byte swapping and integer overflow bugs in each),

I was tempted to mention this earlier in the thread, but didn't think
I'd be adding much of value. :-)

> would we then be merging all the xcb modules into the 'one module that the
> server depends on' as well?

xcb/proto is already a single git module, and I'm not sure any of the
other modules would be useful to the server. So yes, if we just had
server-side XCB, we wouldn't be having this conversation. :-)

Jamey