Merged proto package

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Tue Apr 13 08:15:07 PDT 2010

On 4/13/10 5:01 PM, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> If the server was moved to xcb protocol definitions (like we'd all like to see
> so we can stop having every extension have it's own handwritten protocol
> marshalling with the same byte swapping and integer overflow bugs in each),
> would we then be merging all the xcb modules into the 'one module that the
> server depends on' as well?

I am a bit late to apply for GSoC, but that was one of my favorite
project ideas last year and this year. Last year I started investigating
how the current dispatch code works, how xcb is structured etc, I even
have one or two branches with some code. Maybe I can work in it in my
spare time (EVoC?).

tom