xserver devel process

Tiago Vignatti tiago.vignatti at nokia.com
Mon Apr 26 04:56:13 PDT 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 01:25:05AM +0200, ext Peter Hutterer wrote:

> So here's the question - what parts are still unclear and missing from the
> wiki page above?

"ajax volunteered to scoop up dangling patches. If your patch isn't picked up
in a reasonable time, don't hesitate to ping the list or the maintainer."

the latter is what's been happening a lot with me recently (some xvfb patches,
libx86 and int10 rework and --disable-fontserver all were sent some weeks ago
and no one commented). Maybe we should certify that MAINTAINERS file is more
updated? BTW, do we have a MAINTAINERS for other components besides Xorg, for
instance xvfb?

I don't have any good plan how we could circumvent this but I think we should
discuss a bit more at least. Do you have some ideas?

One minor thing: given 90% of this wiki page covers only development, I think
it deservers its own XServerDevelopment, don't you think?

Thank you,
                            Tiago