X server 1.9 stable release manager

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Aug 19 23:56:09 PDT 2010

With 1.9 scheduled to come out tomorrow, it's time to find a helpful
volunteer to manage the 1.9 branch and put out stable releases on an
occasional basis.

We've relied upon Peter Hutterer for the last couple of stable release
branches and he's done a fabulous job for which we should all give him
our thanks (and a suitable bottle). But, he's got a lot of input work on
his plate and isn't planning on signing up for another term in office.

I'm not sure we have a defined process for selecting among multiple
applicants; as far as I know, that's never happened. If it does, I'd
suggest either letting Peter pick his successor, or if that seems
controversial in some way, we could ask the board to help out.

keith.packard at intel.com