[PULL] DRI2 Invalidate series

Francisco Jerez currojerez at riseup.net
Mon Feb 22 14:37:50 PST 2010

Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> writes:

> It looks like the new PreConfigureWindow function is only used to detect
> window size changes, which the existing ResizeWindow function should do
> just fine.

Discussed here [1], in short, the point of the PreConfigureWindow hook
is that it's executed before any ConfigureNotify events get queued up,
we want this to avoid a race condition.

> However, looking at the provided PreConfigureWindow hook, the standard
> hook process is not being followed, which will be needed for a
> ResizeWindow hook to work:

I'll resend patch 4/5 soon to fix that one.

>  1) unwrap (replace pScreen->ResizeWindow with the saved version)
>  2) call down (call pScreen->ResizeWindow)
>  3) re-wrap (Save the current pScreen->ResizeWindow value, replace with
>     your version)
>
> Also, if you want me to pull patches, please make sure they've got
> suitable Reviewed-by: lines; I don't want to rewrite them once pulled.

They're all "Signed-off-by: Kristian Høgsberg". Isn't that OK?

[1] http://marc.info/?l=mesa3d-dev&m=126409983617455&w=2