upstreaming debian's xdm patches

Julien Cristau jcristau at debian.org
Tue Jan 5 10:18:14 PST 2010

Hi,

Debian's been carrying some changes to xdm since the xfree86 days, most
of them as part of a big "xdm_fixes.diff" patch with various unrelated
changes.  A while ago I started splitting those changes up and trying to
figure out what was still possibly relevant, and Alan picked up some of
them which are included in 1.1.9.  I'm getting tired of rebasing these
patches for each new upstream release, though, so I'd like to see what
can be made of the remainder of these changes.

Matthieu, the old patch had this in the header:

Submitted upstream to Matthieu Herrb on 2003-09-24.
  + except for latest changes to genauth.c and session.c, which were
    submitted to Matthieu Herrb on 2003-10-14

Do you remember what happened with this, and did you maintain an xdm
tree somewhere?

For some of the patches I'm not sure of the attribution.  The old patch
listed Branden Robinson, Matthieu Herrb, and Richard Braakman as
authors.

Cheers,
Julien

Branden Robinson (7):
      downgrade an error to info message
      Change openFiles() to avoid race-based symlink attacks.
      Always attempt to write data to the auth file
      improve error logging
      Improve logging of xdm's script handling
      add support for logfile rotation
      rewrite StorePid()

Julien Cristau (2):
      Add timestamping to logging functions
      Append to the log file instead of truncating it

Manoj Srivastava (1):
      xdm: add SELinux support

 configure.ac |   17 +++++++
 dm_error.h   |    2 +